Updated: Jun 15
Have you ever wondered how to connect with people by being your authentic true self?
Has this thought been lingering in your mind every time you think about connecting with others?
Well, here is the end to your thinking which may be the reason you have sleepless nights or may not!
Either way people skills are all you need. People skills are the tools one needs to master the art of connecting with people with the ability to show your true authentic self. You do not have to hide behind the mask of being something you are not or behind any other people who are good communicators and probably you may think you are not. The way we communicate with others helps us build the connections, friendships and relationships we have in our lives. Communication is the essential first step that is required to build genuine connections with others.
People skills are something everyone needs to know in their life. So let's start with 7 important skills.
1. Effective Communication: It's about understanding the opposite person we are communicating with, without being judgemental or trying to force or win any argument. The way we communicate in our workplace and in our personal relationships. When communicating, be clear of your own needs and wants. When initiating a conversation, always make sure the time is right and that you have the other person’s undivided attention and then go ahead with the conversation when talking about something important.
2. Being a good listener: The very thing to be a better listener is to be present. A good listener is someone who listens without judgment trying to understand the other person rather than imposing their thoughts on them. Try to listen to people carefully, attentively and sympathetically. Keep your cell phones aside and keep your mind clear of any clutter.
3. Being Confident: Confidence is something that comes from within. Once you set your mind to do something, you will do it and once you don't you will not. It's all about believing and trusting yourself. It's an emotional state of mind. And it is a skill which can be learnt with time if you lack one. It's about being sure of yourself and your abilities in a humble way. 4. Creating first impression: First Impressions are something that people perceive about you when they see you without even knowing anything about you. This impression speaks volumes about you. Your body language, eye contact, tone of voice plays an important part in creating that first impression about you. Make sure it is worth looking at.
5. Having Empathy: Empathy is the ability to understand another person's thoughts and feelings in a situation from their point of view, rather than your own. It's the ability to emotionally understand what other people see, feel and think about things with their point of view and keeping yourself in another people's shoes. Feeling their feelings and understanding their emotions.
6. Having Patience: Patience is a virtue. Some people are born with it whereas others can learn it. Patience transforms the relationship you have with people. It helps you calm down in any given situation and lets you respond rather than reacting in a way which may be hurtful to others. 7. Being Assertive: Being assertive means being able to stand up for yourself in a calm and positive way without being aggressive, rash or rude. For being assertive, learn to value yourself, your needs and your choices. They are as equally important as someone else’s. Never put yourself on the back burner to put someone else on the front.
Hope these give you a good insight about Essential People Skills and help you on your Personal Development Journey. If you have any questions, Please feel free to reach out on my